Tuesday, August 8, 2023

 Hello Friends,

If you have visited my blog recently you will probably noticed that I have not updated since last August. We are still alive and well, but I have been doing other things and did not think of adding those projects to my blog.

I have been making interactive photo albums, and they are quite time consuming; also getting ready for craft markets. However, those have slowed down, so now I have time to resume blogging. I will be showing cards, albums, and anything else I feel might interest you.

So, I'll start again with a card I just made for my monthly card swaps. It is a simple card, very easy to make. I have made a YouTube video, which I will link below the photo and description of the card.

"Imagine What" Card


I made three variations, but only made a video of making the card in the foreground.

The basic card is the usual 4¼ x 5½ inches.

First, I stamped the sentiment then cut it out with the 3rd die of Stampin' Up!®'s Scalloped Contours dies still available from Stampin' Up!. The sentiment is called "Imagine What" and I bought it from https://www.inkylicious.co.uk/. Both are still available as of today (Aug 7, 2023). You can use whatever sentiment you want, but it should be about 3 x 2 inches. If you are making a landscape card, choose a wider sentiment, if your card is portrait, use a narrower sentiment.

The coloured cardstock is Orchid Oasis from Stampin' Up!, as is the ink colour. I am not a Stampin' Up! demonstrator now, so I will not be providing links. 

I cut the coloured cardstock to 3⅞ x 5⅛, rather than the usual 4 x 5¼ because I wanted a very narrow border. 

On the 3¾ x 5 inch layer, I scored at 1⅛, 1¼, and 1⅜ from the left side. It doesn't matter if you are making your card portrait or landscape, the scoring is done with the same measurements.

Here is the YouTube link to the video I made about creating this card. 

https://youtu.be/cCiob7XYbPQ

I hope you choose to create this card; it really is an easy one! I made 8 altogether in a short space of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting a comment. I really appreciate it!