Friday, January 14, 2022

Windmill Thank you Card

My Windmill Thank You Card - CASED from the Stampin' Up! catalogue, but changed just a tad. I CASED it for the idea, then went with my own idea. My previous post shows cards I made with the bundle called Flowering Tulips from the same suite, Flowering Fields.

I will be using in my next video to show how the windmill dies work. The vanes actually turn - it is such a cute set - you can use it for anything! The stamp/die bundle from Stampin' Up! is called Tulip Fields Bundle. Remember, if you buy the stamp and die as a bundle, rather than separately, you save 10%.

How can you get this fun bundle? You can order it from my online Stampin' Up! store at virginiahodgins1.stampinup.net. Easy, peasy!

I cut the windmill house and vanes from Thick Basic White, with the outline of the house cut out of Real Red cardstock. The door comes out, like the two windows, but I cut a second door and layered them then put the door back into place. The second layer just lifts it up a wee bit, but not enough for the vanes to catch on. At first, I used a sliver of a dimensional, but it was too high, so I took that off.

The tulips are cut from a die that just cuts out the tulip blossoms. The background of behind the windmill is the backside of one of the sheets of DSP that comes with the set, and the card is Granny Apple Green.

I will give you a list of the products I used.


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting a comment. I really appreciate it!