Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Catching Butterflies

 Yesterday, I finally made my first how-to video since early January. At first I was having troubles with sound - some people said they couldn't hear me very well, so we spent a few weeks trying different things, returning, exchanging, etc pieces of equipment. I still can't get the lapel mic to work with my phone. Maybe it will with a laptop. Then, I got sick and ended up in the hospital for a few days on IV antibiotics, with a week of daily trips to the IV clinic. I didn't want to use my arm in case I twitched the cannula out of place. The nurses had a hard enough time trying to find a vein to use that was not used already or large enough! It took awhile for me to find the inclination and interest to make cards and videos again. This one has been in my mind since January!


The stamp set I used is called Catching Butterflies, and I CASED this card with a few tweaks to make it my own from the Jan - Feb 2022 Sale-a-bration catalogue. It is FREE with a $60 purchase from either of our two current catalogues, and of course you can combine orders from both catalogues.

I die cut a circle, just a bit above centre (to leave room for the butterflies), and then stamped the little girl on a 3 x 3 piece of white, cut out the net, and glued that piece behind the circular window. Then the net was attached to the front of the card with dimensionals. For this card, I stamped her again on DSP that has a sample pattern and cut out her dress and glued it to the stamped image on the white cardstock. I coloured her hair with the Bronze Stampin' Blends marker, her face with the light Petal Pink Stampin' Blend marker, and the grass is Light Old Olive Stampin' Blends marker. (There is now a set of skin toned markers but I don't have them yet.) The brass coloured butterflies are from a pack of Brushed Brass Butterflies. I didn't colour in the purple butterflies because I have found that my hand is not steady enough and I make a mess of them. You may colour yours of course!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting a comment. I really appreciate it!